Airports Floors, Needs, Types, Durability and Cost
Airports require extremely durable flooring to withstand the millions of feet that come through each year. No matter the size of an airport, the right flooring can be everlasting and gorgeous at the same time. At National Concrete, we pride ourselves on providing the best flooring for Airports that will last a lifetime. Airport floors are different from other types of floors like commercial kitchens because they need to stand up to a different type of impact rather than having a focus on being antimicrobial. Airport floors are similar to warehouse floors because they both require the ability to be able to not break under the traffic of heavy machinery.
AIRPORT FLOORING OPTIONS
Airport floors must be extremely durable and hard-wearing. Urethane floors are good for airport hangers as well as polished concrete. Inside airports, polished concrete with areas of flake epoxy floor coatings works the best.
INSIDE THE AIRPORT
Inside the airport, it’s important for the floors to be able to withstand heavy foot traffic and also not be slippery to avoid slip and fall accidents. For the larger walking areas, polished concrete is the best option because it is easier to maintain than carpeted floors. In certain areas like the spaces that have security, epoxy is a great option that many airports have adopted.
Airport hangers must be durable enough to withstand the rubber tires of airplanes without leaving major skidmarks or coming up over time. For these floors urethane epoxy floors are a great option as well as polished concrete.
Hire the expert team at National Concrete Polishing today!
THE TYPES OF FLOORS FOR AIRPORTS
There are several types of flooring you will come across when entering any airport across the country. These types include:
- Polished ConcretePolished concrete is environmentally friendly and can help airports become leed certified. These floors are extremely functional and can stand up to heavy traffic. Maintenance for polished concrete floors in airports is also very low.
- Decorative concreteDecorative concrete applications can be applied to polished concrete floors and will have the same environmentally friendly installation options as well as the durability.
- EpoxyAdds additional strength to the life of your concrete floor but may need more maintenance than polished concrete floors.
- Stamped concreteAn option for areas outside of the airport but should not be used inside the airport or in airport hangers.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE FOR AIRPORTS FLOORS
HELP WITH AIRPORT FLOORS
When you come to us for the best in flooring, here is what you can expect:
- Floor removal
- Concrete resurfacing
- Decorative concrete flooring
- Epoxy concrete flooring
- Polished concrete flooring
We integrate the finest and safest technological advancements into our projects. Enabling us to provide a durable, preserved, and sustainable result. These systems are eco-friendly systems (LEED Compliant) that eliminate toxic and hazardous chemicals. It is our mission is to provide a lively experience and superior customer service so we make it a point to be available as soon as we can. Feel free to contact us with your questions or inquiries.
A TRUSTWORTHY FLOOR COATING COMPANY
NCP is a professional, full-service flooring company that specializes in:
Grinding | Polishing | Epoxy | Resurfacing | Staining | Decorative Concrete Solutions
We provide this for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. We incorporate unique, one-of-a-kind craftsmanship in our work and handle state-of-the-art equipment and tooling to ensure the most ideal outcome for your needs.